First, I want to thank everyone that came out on Saturday to Women Connect. There was a HUGE turnout - I think over 400 people attended! All that attended not only got lots of useful information, they helped to support the women-based businesses in our community. I found the entire event inspiring! I had a fabulous time getting ready for the day. I was asked to have a "demonstration" at my booth (I was a bit unsure about this!). This turned out to be a lot of fun and I think many people who stopped by were able to learn a trick or two about floral design! I used my old door as a prop to display an alternative to a traditional wreath. I showed how to make easy flower balls, napkin rings, and a give-away centerpiece.
I met so many supportive and interested attendees AND made lots of connections with other businesses. Some of the highlights for me included:
- meeting Brian from nu expression - a marketing company that I plan on contacting for some assistance!
- Scheduling a massage with Gail Williams from therapeutiks!
- Getting a gift certificate (I plan on using!) from Your Pilates Place
- Picking up "Story Starters" from Dr. Cathleen Pittman of A Step Ahead - great reading techniques to teach my kids!
- Meeting a new event planner from E'Magine
- Learning about all the different types of faux finishing from A Different Kind of Canvas - there are many very beautiful ways to cover your cabinets or walls besides just paint!
- Buying a super fun ring from Jewelry XOX
- Watching the very talented Lisa Miller from Simply Southern Photography take head shots of attendees for their facebook page...she took a picture of me too!
In a nutshell, if you missed the event watch out for it next year - you don't want to miss it again!